This is a short list giving you an overview of
the rich and comprehensive functionality in Marstrand Planning Intelligence
We present screen dumps with explanations in the next menu points.
UI configuration. Perspectives, set up by user
- Support of roles (management, project manager, resource manager, employee.)
- Dock views, tabs
- Synchronization of views listening to each other, automatic filtering, highlights, etc.
- Regret and resume functionality
Spread sheet functionality
- Dictionary, translations, language
- Column chooser
- Filter, on column content + advanced logic, BI
- Calculated columns
- Look up in other tables in DB
Time line flexibility
- Zoom: day, week month
- Flexible time resolution, hours, half days, days, week, month. Down to assignment level. White cells.
- Automatic distribution and aggregation of period figures. Automatic periodization
- Interactive cells in Gantt. Smart editing.
- Move, drag, drop, extend or shorten activities
- Project Portfolio Management (strategic)
- Pipeline, realistic commitments (tactic)
- Operations, execution (progress, status, estimate to complete)
- Performance statistics, historical data, productivity analysis, KPI’s
- Dynamic hierarchical grouping. Drag column header(s) up. Vertical sums in levels
- Accounts, Any measure and driver mechanism e.g. hours, pieces, square meters multiplied by rates to produce cost, revenue, volume, etc.
- Horizontal sums from time cells and calculated values (accounts)
- Vertical sums
- Between columns
- Economic rates by resource, by project price tables and by period
- Generic resource concept e.g. people, materials, locations, equipment etc.
- Organizational setup: Company, departments, groups, e.g. teams. Overlapping groups of resources. Team assignment – one click
- People linked to organizational roles
- Detailed capacity control (head count, work calendars and work week hours and ad hoc)
- Competences/skills with levels, primary skill for quick search and selection, preferred jobs / teams
- Assignment to jobs. Show candidates by preferred sequence, capacity availability and capability
- Easy booking, new activity on the fly, linked to selected resource and task/project
- Capacity input from departments and resource responsible.
Project, activity dimension
- Dimensions, e.g. priority, status, risk, customer, company, product, business area
- Work Break Down structure. Interactive graphical. Summary lines
- Milestones, reporting milestones
- To do’s, notes, logs
- Attach documents, links and stored
- Templates, building blocks, vehicle for standardization and easy project creation. Optional level of detail, e.g. only WBS or inclusive resource assignments, notes and document links
- Prince 2. Product break down (deliverables), product flow, estimate and automatic project WBS generator
- Budget, result goals, actuals, estimate to complete. Baseline. Snapshot and plan
- Price control, rate sources by project or resource / role
- Project governance according to prince2 principles. Risk, change, issue, etc. logs. Periodic project reporting, project management office, top management reports.
- Portfolio ABC diagram. Free axis selection / classification criteria and coloring / filters. Integrated with resource Gantt.
Planning and decision support
- Business Intelligence, business graphs, pivot
- Dash boards and scenario reports, configurable, web
- Time-phased planning boards, Gantt. Many different displays –bottlenecks, account values, load, capacity utilization, groupings
- Synchronized Gantts, the unique planning tool, e.g. Resource Gantt with Activity/Project Gantt
- Progress, actual versus planned and budget. Accumulated values.
- Planning workflow. Tentative bookings – confirmation
- Key Performance Indicators. Planned versus accomplished. Cost-Performance reports.
- Scenarios, define, compare an decide.
Environment set up.
- Multiuser access, client server, relational database
- Outlook, simple and Exchange. Job assignments both ways, calendar, bookings
- Web access, normal grids, my plan, spread sheets, management information, dash boards
- Time sheet, job reporting
- Spread sheets. Export/import to/from Excel)
- Project- and portfolio reports
- Misc. workflows
- Audit of data changes. Data elements controlled by parameter set up
- Notification of selected changes to people/ roles, controlled by parameter set up
- Print, Pdf, mails
- Web service
- SQL view
- Web service template for ERP interfaces
- Excel output – WYSIWYG, data mapping with MPI database
- Excel input – data mapping with MPI database, parameter controlled. Cut and paste..
- Outlook import and export
Technology & processes
- MS SQL, Oracle, file
- Business Objects
- External components and basic platforms, grid, graphics, install, etc. Welded together and enhanced
- Help, dictionary (languages, wording), Wizard guide
- Access control (roles, data)
- Deployment, active directory
- Performance optimization (db design, data limitation, loading procedures, etc.)
- Quality (Scrum, unit test).